Thursday 10 April 2014

Sartorially Challenged?

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to come over and check out my blog.

"Oh goodness, another vintage blog?" I hear you cry. 

Well, yes and no.

Let me introduce myself.

The hubby and I in January 2014... True Love


My name is Clare and my 31st birthday is currently approaching. Rapidly. As such, I thought it was high time that I started to love myself and to start celebrating who I am. I have always felt quite out of place, my fashion sense, so I understand it, has been questionable at best. No more! 

I am not going to lie - I am overweight. I currently wear a UK size 22. As my size has increased, my self-confidence has decreased and any style I may have originally had went out of the window and was replaced my lots of black, baggy clothing which I used as a way to hide myself away. 

I have recently become aware that I am dreadfully unhappy with the current state of play. I have also realised that life is precious and that I no longer want to hide myself away. I want to shine.

So the point of this blog? The point is to track my journey from what I believe to be sartorially challenged to sartorially vintage... and at least... sartorial. Hopefully, I will also be tracking my journey from fat to... less fat. I'm all for curves... but let's face it, when your curves have curves and it makes you unhappy, there's just no point.

So where does the vintage come in?

I have ALWAYS been a massive fan of classic styles. The beautiful shapes from the 1950s particularly. I've just never before had the courage to embrace fashion in any shape or form. Until now. 

Life is too short to hide away in the shadows and I've begun to realise that I am allowed to dress my large frame and make an effort. I have been reading some excellent vintage fashion blogs lately - namely Diary of a Vintage Girl, Yesterday Girl and Victory Rolls and Roses, to name but a few. These girls are absolutely beautiful and the most beautiful thing about them all is that they have shunned society's pressures to dress 'just so' and have developed their own vintage style and stuck up a middle finger to those who think they are crazy. Lovely ladies, I salute you. 

Of course, none of the ladies mentioned above are in the slightest bit 'plus size', but I am not letting that put me off. I am going to embrace my own femininity in a way that makes me feel happy and beautiful - and this is where I'm going to track my progress. 

Want to come along for the ride? 




No comments:

Post a Comment