Tuesday 29 April 2014

(Virtual) Retail Therapy...

Hello my lovelies, 

This past weekend saw me undergo an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF). Thanks to a spectacular fall back in September, I ruptured a disc in my neck, which has been causing me a lot of pain. On top of the MS, this was almost unbearable and surgery was the only option available to me. So, on Saturday, I put myself in the very capable hands of Mr Andrew Brodbelt at the Walton Centre. I managed to persuade the hospital to release me last night, so I am now recovering at home. I have a neck like a tree trunk and am not really able to swallow properly, however in between my naps and painkillers, I thought I would try to cheer myself up with a touch of virtual retail therapy.


This face needs to be cheered up, right?






The answer to the above is obviously, yes. 

So, let's have a look at what's been cheering up this face, shall we?



I have been literally slobbering over the Heyday range of clothing. Namely, the brown 1940's wartime suit, modelled here by the beautiful Fleur de Guerre, from Diary of a Vintage Girl. I am also coveting a pair of these Navy Swing Trousers, which are absolutely gorgeous. They also look really comfy! I am pleased to report that Heyday also offer gift vouchers for any value between £10 - £1000! I think I should give my husband the nod about this!



I have also been whiling away the hours dreaming of owning some of the gorgeous items available on the Rokit website. There are some stunning items available on there - if only my purse strings would stretch that far!



The teadress, the green knee-highs and the cute little playsuit all caught my eye this afternoon! One thing I do have to say about this website is that there is a LOT of variety on there, lots of different eras to choose from, so if you are looking for a perfect seventies outfit or a forties one - Rokit may be the perfect place for you!

Since I will be recuperating from my operation for a significant amount of time, I have been considering my crafting options. I want my recovery time to be productive.
I came across the Free Vintage Knitting site and will definitely be delving into their patterns to see if I can actually create anything - I'll keep you posted! 

OK my lovelies, I is a tired one now, so off to bed again for me. What clothing items are you coveting at the moment? Where do you prefer to do your vintage shopping? 

TTFN dearies, I'm off to mope elsewhere... xx



No comments:

Post a Comment