Sunday 13 April 2014

Staying Stylish on Soggy Saturdays

This weekend has been quite the lazy one - which is something that I've been needing for a while, thanks to a recent MS flare-up and a pending neck operation. Yet, as I write this, I am struggling to avoid that Sunday-night anxiety, which precedes the beginning of the working week. You know what I mean, right? However, yesterday was spent catching up with 2 of my favourite ladies and exploring one of my favourite places!

The hubby and I decided that we would spend Saturday taking a wander around Delamere Forest, which is one of the most beautiful areas local to home. We invited a couple of friends to come with us and it was a most splendid day. The wet weather predicted by the dear old Beeb stayed away until we were back in the cars for the homeward journey. Hurrah!

Sadly, I failed to charge my camera, so photos are somewhat lacking - but do have a look at the Visit Delamere website - there are some gorgeous shots on there and there is so much to do - your life is lacking if you've never visited! I'm not going to lie - I'm quite the hippy at heart - but my usual attire is errs on the side of function over fashion. As such, I was looking more than a little functional in a pair of old black leggings (aka "The Growbags") and a faded black & blue jumper dress, all topped off with muddy walking boots and a purple mac. Definitely functional and I'm rather grateful that there are no images capturing that delight.

I try to spend a lot of time outdoors, in nature, but I would much prefer to look a bit more presentable during these mini adventures, but how? Cue an evening in front of the computer, drooling over things I do not (yet) have in my wardrobe!

There are some beautiful items available on the RainMac website. Retro PVC macs with matching/contrasting bow belts and even rain hats. Oh the happiness to own some of these! They are definitely going on my 'must purchase soon' list! Take a look!


Are these not divine? The Carnaby- full length is currently showing an online price of £89.00. There is a selection of waterproof hats priced between £32.00-£65.00 and the Bow Belts are so cute and quite reasonably priced at £29.00. I will have to drop some hints to my hubby about birthday presents ;)

I also found these gorgeous wellies on Welly Warehouse:


These are called Splash - Miss Chic and are currently selling for £26.99. 

I also spotted these beauties! They are really stunning and are currently on sale, reduced from £79.00 to £29.99... extremely tempting! 




As much as these are beautiful, though, I'm not sure how much walking they'd stand up to - which led me to Dr Martens new floral range, which includes these gorgeous boots in Vintage Rose (if only I could justify the £120 price tag)!



In lieu of all of the above, I suppose that I should brace myself for this year's April showers by getting myself a new brolly, if nothing else!

How do you stay stylish rather than soggy?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment